A Former Police Officer, Veteran of OIF II talking about Games, Movies, and generally weird news.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

TOP TEN OF 2005
Christmas has come and gone and it has been a real treat this year. Things I normally would have taken for granted I stopped and "smelled the roses" to use an oft quoted verse. I have lingered at Christmas lights and went to Christmas sales (Even though I have developed a real dislike for crowds since I have been home). I have sat and looked at squirrels running along fence tops, and drank eggnog and listened to Christmas carols.

I have hugged my kids more and yelled less. I have lazed around the house and went out less. I have spent some good quality time with friends and family and loved every minute of it. As we hit the end of the old year and the begining of the new we all like to reflect on the past. this is the time where all the radio stations and magazines and televisions shows like to recap and show the "Best Of" series. So in that vein I will conclude this blog entry with my top ten moments of 2005.


10. Participating in the Iraqi election day process.
9. Leaving Iraq and entering Kuwait
8. Leaving Kuwait and entering the United States
7. Seeing my family at Oklahoma the night we landed.
6. Driving my new truck for the first time.
5. Watching my son drive for the first time.
4. Watching my daughter dance again.
3. Meeting new friends.
2. Buying a new home, and watching Football in it.
1. Spending the holidays in Arkansas.


Now that we have dwelled on the past, we must set our sights on the future.

New Years Resolutions are a comin.


Safe Hunting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home