A Former Police Officer, Veteran of OIF II talking about Games, Movies, and generally weird news.

Friday, November 18, 2005

THE MAN IN BLACK

Born in Kingsland Arkansas and attending High School in Blytheville Arkansas the Man in Black became a icon of America. It could be argued that he is one of the direct fathers of Rock and Roll, but whether you see him as a folk singer, country super star, gospel singer or rock and roll you cant deny his talent. Today I salute you Mr. Cash. I challenge you to take the Johnny Cash Lyrics quiz. Questions are first answers farther down the page.

1. Q: Soon your sugar-daddies will all be gone You'll wake up some cold day and find you're alone. :

Big River
Cry, Cry, Cry
All Over Again
In My Life

2. Q: Then he turned around and said to his black, greasy fireman, 'Shovel on a little more coal' :

Wreck of the Old '97
We'll Meet Again
There You Go
The Wanderer

3. Q: I fell for you like a child:

Old Account Was Settled Long Ago
Get Rhythm
Ring Of Fire
Guess Things Happen That Way

4. Q: Now I taught the weeping willow how to cry And I showed the clouds how to cover up a clear blue sky

Rowboat
Five Feet High And Rising
Big River
Wayfaring Stranger


5. Q: In a little cabaret in a South Texas border town Sat a boy and his guitar, and the people came from all around:

Tennessee Stud
Down There By The Train
It Ain't Me, Babe
Tennessee Flat-Top Box

6. Q: I said, 'Your old courthouse is kinda run down' He said, 'Naw, it'll do for our little town' :

Ragged Old Flag
Streets Of Laredo
The Ballad Of Ira Hayes
Flesh And Blood

7. Q: I keep a close watch on this heart of mine:

The One On The Right Is On The Left
Peace In The Valley
Man In Black
I Walk the Line

8. Q: A young cowboy named Billy Joe grew restless on the farm:

Folsom Prison Blues
Don't Take Your Guns To Town
Wanted Man
Daddy Sang Bass

9. Q: It seems I had to fight my whole life through Some gal would giggle and I'd get red:

Long Black Veil
Sunday Morning Coming Down
I've Been Everywhere
A Boy Named Sue




1. Cry Cry Cry
2. Wreck of the old 97'
3. Ring of Fire
4. Big River
5. Tennessee Flat Top Box
6. Ragged Old Flag
7. I Walk the Line
8. Folsom Prison Blues
9. A Boy Named Sue

3 Comments:

Blogger Keith Lingenfelter said...

I call B.S. #8!
Ragged Old Flag is my personal favorite.

11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In your post, you spelled "whether" as weather.

Yeah, I know, "Suck it, Trebek!

:)

4:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAP! I left the end quotations off of my post... lends credence to my cause, eh?

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home