A Former Police Officer, Veteran of OIF II talking about Games, Movies, and generally weird news.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

10 Comics on a Deserted Isle









So if you were stranded on a deserted Island, which 10 comics would you bring to while away the years of isolation?



Your List may include TPB's (as a series) as well as individual issues.



This list is not in order of most to least important. They do represent my favorite books.




1. Kingdom Come


Alex Ross = Genius





2. Y: The Last Man TPB #1-10


Brian Vaughn is awesome. I picked this up orignally from the recommendation from a friend and I can't say enough good about this entire series. In fact I wish I didnt have to limit this to just one of his books. If you havent read this you are missing out on some great storytelling. He also limited this book to a finite number (60). I truly miss this book.






3. Watchmen


Theres a reason why this is one of the talked about movies next year.




4. Invincible


One of the best written superhero books out there. It never feels cliche or trite.







5. Ultimates Series 1-2


When this came out it blew my mind. I love it and all the ultimate reimaging thats come with the territory.





6. The Dark Knight Returns


Frank Miller : Should have left well enough alone and let this be his magnum opus.






7. Bone


Jeff Smith really created an icon here. The Great Cow race is still one of my favorites.




8. The Walking Dead


It is so much more than a zombie comic, it shows the best and the worst of humanity. And it has a truly evil, twisted villain ever created in comic book form.




9. Astonishing X-Men run by Joss Whedon


The man has a gift. Buffy, Firefly....X-Men.






10. Fables 1-10


Its one of the must read on my list. I picked it up staring with issue 12 and the story's only keep getting better.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home