A Former Police Officer, Veteran of OIF II talking about Games, Movies, and generally weird news.

Monday, May 05, 2008



GO SPEED RACER


KEEP ON GOING



So I watched an advanced sceening of Speed Racer this weekend. And I preface this piece by saying I have never watched an episode of the cartoon. I dont know any of the backstory or have any preconcieved notions of what I would expect of the characters. And it was a so-so movie to me. Now the movie is very "Shiny" which is to say its got some state of the art special effects and even inside the movie theres a running background that racing is art and what Speed racer does is create art. Thats what I thought of this movie. Its got a style all its own that has been created and it is just like another running joke of the small kid and the monkey breaking into a candy stash. It feels good early on but after all that sugar it just makes you want to go....Blagh.


Now there were alot of kids 7-13 in the audience and they loved the movie. But for me I was just not pulled into it like I would have like to have been.


So Speed Racer gets 3 out of 5 Badgers from me.



See ya at the Races.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home