A Former Police Officer, Veteran of OIF II talking about Games, Movies, and generally weird news.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005


GET YOUR PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APES!

So there I was, about to log off for the night from another fun time in EQ2 when I recieved a tell.

Blackrose: Hey brother want to go to SC?

Scotticus: Well I was about to log off but what the hell, sure....ummm....where and what exactly is SC?

Thus was the start of my exploration of a cool new zone, the Shimmering Citadel. I have been moping around somewhat going to the same place, killing the same things, and in general just going through the motions. Its always fun playing with friends but Ill be the first to admit, we have fallen into a rut and after attacking our first little epic dragon and exploring Naggys lair I was already having the time of my virtual life, but this was the icing on the cake.

Now Ill also be the first to admit I have developed a crutch for the EQ2 map program, it lets me see the whole zone and I make my plans accordingly. Shimmering Citadel is absent from the map program and although at first I was a tad bit discouraged, I immediatly got over that in the new oooh and aaahs in the zone.

That lasted a good 2 minutes until I fell to my death in a huge, hidden, crack in the floor. Well I say to my death, I actually lived for a good 30 seconds before the mobs attacked me and used me as a chew toy. I was rezzed and got the nickel tour from my good friend Blackrose, who proceeded to show me around and give me the lay of the land.

It was a hoot, a real Lawrence of Arabia, 1001 Arabian Nights type feel, Djinns and harem girls aplenty. And its all on a floating island chained to the ground. Real top notch ambiance.

The next night, I decided to research the access quest for SC and get the magic mirror, and the quest was alot of fun. Hawthorn, Kaerness and I ran through the quest in about 30 mins give or take and it was very well done. Later on in the day we added Garnock and Messinger to the quest and got them access as well. Which brings me to the title of this post.

You would think that as many hours I have playing the game I could keep from pressing the big red button of doom. Theres lots of shinies out there and it takes alot of my willpower not to examine and explore them.


Well the ole willpower button was broke that night. All I remember was,

Messinger: Hey guys the trees are glowing

Scotticus: Ooh pretty

Well needless to say I touched the trees, and out dropped Unruly Monkeys. Not the loveable, laughable Orangatangs named Clyde, but ticked off, poop flinging simians. It was monkey mayhem, as they proceeded to pelt me with thier feces and berate me in monkey speak. it was a moment of pure chaos and I loved it. Fortunatly the monkey rebellion was crushed and order was restored to the palace grounds of the Djinn Master.

I invite you to tour the grounds with me in the future and we shall see what else we can shake out of those trees.


Ooohh whats this button do?



Click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home